Tuesday, May 18, 2010

BYS Black Satin


Oh my freaking gawd! If I have to move again in my life it will be too soon.
I'm now firmly ensconced at my friend's house with her 6 cats (she added another one 2 days ago) and wondering how my life has come down to this.
London better be worth it - that's all I'm sayin'...

Anyhoo - let's try to get back to the nails, shall we?
Fashion Addict's Director David sent me BYS's Black Satin quite a while ago, and I'm only just getting round to posting the pics.

Sadly, these nails are now non-existent. I have nub-nubs on all my fingers, thanks to the move. The dream is over. Someone light a candle. Sing a dirge. Slap a Bieber.


I have to say, Black Satin is the best black I've ever tried. Great application - hardly any cleanup. Opaque in one coat, but I used two just to make sure. And plenty glossy on it's own, but in this case I used some BYS UV Top Coat David also sent me...


I've never been able to wear black before on it's own - it just seemed to look gagworthy with my skin. Made the cuticles look really red and florid. But no problemo with this one! I wore it on it's own for a couple of days and it just looked so glam and glossy - so unlike the usual black polish that gets a bad rep.

You CAN rock black polish and not look like a reject from a Twilight convention! Just make your application clean, your topcoat glossy and all will be well.

Now, although the UV Top Coat is indeed glossy, just be careful because the packaging declares it to be "quick drying", but it is NOT a fast dry topcoat (as I found out the hard way :)

I also had no UV light, so I couldn't test out it's glow-in-the-dark qualities. But I assume it looks something like Kelis, here...


Who wants to hit the local disco to find out for sure??

No comments:

Post a Comment