Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nubar Iris Dust


Hi guys!
Well after a non-intentional hiatus, I'm back. I've completely lost my blogging mojo the last couple of months and I'm trying very hard to get it back, so bear with me :)

The trip home went ok - I got sick after two days there, then my luggage got lost (fuck you very much, Qantas) and I had a nightmare drama trying to get home from the airport - but I emerged unscathed (if furiously angry).

Now I'm house-sitting with 5 cats and trying to save money for the big trip to the UK in September, so I'm still pretty much on a no-buy and really feeling it! :( Pure torture, it is!

So anyhoo, here's another one from the backlog of stuff I have to show you - Nubar's Iris Dust.
It's a sweet looking burgundy/purply/greeny/gold duo (quatro?)-chrome polish that I'd been simply gasping to try for quite a long time.


Unfortunately this one didn't live up to my expectations, rather like Peacock Feathers.
The photos don't really capture the duo-chromey quality, but to be honest, there wasn't a lot of it showing up on the nail in real life, anyway...

For the most part, it just looks kinda burgundy.
Don't get me wrong - it's a very nice colour. But it's not what I wanted or expected from looking at the bottle.

You can see a slight greeny/gold tinge here under the yucky fluoro light - this is as good as I could get to capturing the highlights, unfortunately.

The other thing that was quite annoying was how watery this is. This was about 4 coats. If I use it again, I might layer it over a burgundy polish just to cut down the time applying it. I also got quite a lot of tip-creep - presumably because of the amount of layers I had to do.

Overall - nice polish. Just not the superstar I was hoping for...

No comments:

Post a Comment