Sunday, July 11, 2010

Funky Fingers Sound Machine

Well this review is long, long looong overdue!
Judy over at BeautyJudy.com sent me this and a couple of other Funky Fingers in a swap about - oh, I think it's about a year ago now - and I'm only just getting around to posting the pics!

Anyhoo - if you've been over to Judy's site, you'll know that she discovered that Funky Fingers did a whole lot of pretty much exact dupes for Color Club neons at a fraction of the cost!
I think this is the best one - a dupe of CC's Ultra Violet -





That same bluish tinge, and really interesting purple punch as the Color Club. Loves it!
It's a little sheer, so this was 3 coats, but application was good and it held up fairly well chip-wise with the help of some top coat.

Have to say this is one of the favourite purples in my collection - thanks Judy! And you'll be happy to know I got no reaction from these, so they're definitely Big 3 Free :)

In other news, as I said before, I've been using acrylic powder underneath my polish to try and protect my nails and stop them breaking. So far, so good - and I love the way whatever polish I use stays on like WHOA.

I've been wearing Zoya's Astra (thanks again, Kaz!) - which is hard wearing enough on it's own - and it's been a week with nary a chip. That is un-freaking-believable for me - I'm hard on my nail polishes.

So hopefully this means by the time I run out of nail swatches which feature my old nails, my new ones will have grown in :) Then I just have to have some polishes to actually feature. Being on a 6 month no-buy is really, really hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment