Thursday, December 17, 2009

Zoya Nova

When Zoya released their Ultra Glitter collection, I have to say I was a bit "meh" about it. Only 3 colours, and 2 quite similar pinky colours. For the price, they just didn't seem worth it.

Then came the day when a package arrived from Kaz - and inside was a little surprise. She gave me Nova! And let me tell you - I take it all back! Nova is freaking gorgeous!

Yes, it is quite similar in colour to Zoya's Roxy (and you all know how much I love that), but it's a little lighter, a little pinker. And glitter is finer and more dense.

It's like a vintage Halston dress. Your mum's Glomesh handbag. The blingiest bauble on the Christmas tree.

Even with my poor uneven nails at the mo, it's just damn fine.
The bonus is that it seemed to apply easier than Roxy does, and only needed two coats!

I added a layer of the Nubar Diamont top coat Kaz also sent me (have I mentioned how awesome she is?) and this lasted 5 days with nary a chip. That's very, very good by my record!

Now I MUST have the other two polishes in this collection!
These aren't available in Australia yet (and when they are, I'm assuming they'll be $17 a pop as per usual) so once I have some money next year, I'm going to scour ebay :)

Why did Zoya only do 3 of these? Was it a test run to see how they'd sell?
Cos let me tell you - if they did a whole 6 bottle collection of the same formula, just in different colours (how awesome would a green, blue, purple or *sigh* - turquoise - look in this?) I would not eat so I could afford to buy them.
Not eat.
That's some crazy shit right there, Zoya!
You better release some more soon - 'cos I can feel a nutsackin' comin' on!
And I'll be hungry.
You won't like me when I'm hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment