Thursday, August 19, 2010

BYS Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass


Hi!
Well as you may have heard by now through all our screeching on Twitter, BYS has a new collection (although 3 polishes in my mind hardly constitutes a collection) which no one seems to have heard anything about till I found them in KMart by accident on Tuesday. I'm subscribed to their newsletter - how come I never got a head's up about this?? Is it a soft-release? An old one? No idea...

They look to be inspired by "Alice in Wonderland" - but before you go "Yeah, yeah - whatever. Another collection inspired by Alice. Bit late to the bandwagon, there..." just be aware that they are GLITTERS.
ALL.
GLITTERS!

You can find the official pics over on the BYS website, but I only bought 2 of them, as the green one ("Adventures of Alice") was a bit meh in real life.

(L-R: Down the Rabbit Hole, Through the Looking Glass)

So without further ado, I give you my craptastic photos of what may be the best glitter BYS has ever produced (haven't tried "D.R.H." yet, so I'll reserve final judgement) - "Through the Looking Glass" -



An electric blue fine glitter, with even finer gold flecks...
Sorry the pics are a little dark in places - the weather is awful at the mo and so is the light...


The pigmentation isn't bad, but I put a layer of a random blue polish on first just so I didn't have to do too many layers to reach bottle colour. This is two layers of the actual glitter polish you're seeing here.


Although the glitter is fine, it's very dense and has quite a smooth finish.



Oh, gawd - my awful, awful hands - sorry! I managed to get a macro shot, but I realised when I downloaded it that there was a little issue with cleanup that wasn't obvious as I was taking it. So please just ignore the scattershot of glitter on my cuticles and look at the polish, people! :)


Trying to get some different light on the situation...

This is by far and away the best glitter I've ever had from BYS - the colour, the formula, the application - all above and beyond what you'd expect from a budget polish line. I'll say it once, I'll say it again - keep on doing what you're doing, BYS gang! Your work is STELLAR and us Aussie girls are loving your work lately.

Now, I discovered these in Kmart for the princely sum of $4.75 each (an absolute steal by Aussie standards, you overseas gals), but there were only a few left so they're going fast! Alternatively you can sit on your butt and order them from the comfort of your own home on Fashion Addict for $4.95 HERE, HERE, and HERE.

Sorry international readers - so far I don't know of any shops willing to send these overseas...

Back soon with "Down the Rabbit Hole" - which looks to me a bit like a grainy glitter version of OPI's My Private Jet...

No comments:

Post a Comment