Thursday, August 12, 2010

Superstar - Teterboro Teal

Hi guys! Long time no bloggy :)
Been busy and had some problems with Blogger, so I'll make do with a small post instead of a big one with four polishes like I was planning.


So today I have for you the first of some Superstar polishes the lovely Ariana at Superstar sent me to try. I'd vaguely heard of them before - mainly through Scrangie and Brooke's blogs, but I hadn't heard their formula was formaldehyde & formaldehyde resin free! YAY!


It's weird, but whenever I write "Superstar" I have Molly Shannon saying "Supastahh!" in my head :D






So anyway, Teterboro Teal is from the "Party in the City" collection, and the first one I tried cos I'm a sucker for blues :)


Now, Teal doesn't really come close to describing this colour. It's a very mermaid-y metallic, which sparkles blue/green depending on how the light hits it. I actually have a few colours very like this, but they've all disappointed me by being very transparent on the nail and needing copious layers to get to the bottle colour.


Not so with this...




Now, I'd like to ask you to PLEASE not look closely at my fingers - just the polish! Part of the reason the blog has been so silent lately is because my hands just look SO awful! I can't get certain nails to grow, the cuticles keep peeling and bleeding, and I have dozens of tiny cuts from work and the cats.


Suffice to say, my hands are really not photogenic right now, so these pics are the best of a bad lot!



Anyhoo - this is two coats, but the formula has a good consistency and pigmentation, so I could've done with just one. I need the extra protection a couple of layers of polish gives me, so I'm an habitual 2/3 coater.


The brush is just the right shape for me - being not to wide, and it's pretty glossy even without the top-coat I put on.


It practically glows - even in low light, as you can see.
I wore this to work three days in a row while we were re-stocking the shop and it only started chipping on the last day, which is a minor miracle considering what hardship it was up against :)


I was really impressed with my first try of Superstar, and I have 3 more to show you soon, too.


Superstars aren't readily available in Australia yet, but you can find them at their online store for $10 US.


Back soon - with a killer purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment