Monday, March 22, 2010

GOSH Golden Dragon


I've had pics of this one sitting in my computer for aaaagges and forgot I had them! Jacie did a post on an Elianto polish kind of similar (but I don't think it's a dupe) which jogged my memory - so here they are!

This was sent to me by the lovely Helen from Nice Things in a swap way back last year :) I saw pics of this on other people's blogs and knew that if I had one green - this had to be it! Of course I now have quite a wide selection of greens, but at the time this was a HUGE lemming of mine. Thanks Helen!

This would be my fave green ever, if not for Nubar's "Earth" which has a fabulous formula. I may, however, re-evaluate after I try this with some Poshe Revive in it. The first time I used this the formula was quite thick and gluggy. I has some application problems and I don't think having Orly Nail Rescue (which I've since stopped using cos removing it with acetone was causing real problems with my skin) underneath helped much either.
I didn't have any polish thinner at the time, so I had to put up with it. Hopefully it will behave better next time with some drops in it.

So please ignore the crappy application, and feast your eyes on the luxuriant emerald/gold/blue goodness...

It has a very, very, very fine grainy/foily texture - a kind of creamy metallic, if you get my drift. I think you can actually see a bit of allergic flush on my pinkie cuticles where the acetone was making itself known, sorry...

Ah, look at my nails! Memories! I've recently chopped them back to almost-nubbins cos they were starting to break badly, one by one. Back to the drawing board...


Can you see the veins of gold and blue? So pretty! I love, love, love the colour of this - if I can just get the formula to behave, I'll be a happy camper.

Now a little hint for any Melbourne girls out there - I found GOSH polishes being sold in Zuza! They didn't have Golden Dragon when I was at the Melbourne Central store, but that was about 6 months ago, so you never know...
I notice Zuza has a website with an online store, but it doesn't sell nail polish so you will have to make a personal appearance.

If I remember rightly they were going for $14.95 each and were in a huge vase, which would require you sticking your entire arm in to get to the polish you wanted at the bottom. I was sure hilarity and possible life threatening injuries would ensue if I tried to get one out, so I just looked and left the pretties alone :) Happy hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment