Monday, January 17, 2011

My first tape mani


Erika, the one behind the blog Chloe's nails, makes great manicures using tape. I finally decided to give it a try myself, on my sister's nails. I decided to use a glitter polish, because that's in this case more fool-proof I believe. Plus, painting someone else's nails is always a fantastic opportunity for using glitter, since I will not have to take it off myself! ;)

Because I think they fit together so well, I used the same colours as I used here. This includes OPI Show It and Glow It, again, yes. It's the only glitter polish I have that is opaque after one (thick) coat, and that's neccessary for this tape manicure.

This is how I did it: after painting the nails pink, I put a piece of tape on it (I used normal tape, not the so-called Scottish tape as Erika uses), painted glitter over it and removed the tape as soon as possible. (That's why a one coater is needed: you can't wait for the polish to dry to add another coat because when you remove the tape once the polish is dry, more polish will stick to it and come off too.) By clicking on the picture, you can see properly where I put the tape.

I admit, I'm not as good as Erika yet, but I like it for a first try! For great tutorials and much more ideas with tape, see here. Erika is the queen of tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment