Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nubar Haulage

Sigh. Sorry I'm not exactly burning up the net with posts at the mo, guys!
I have a mixture of excuses, so please pick one and pass them on.

1. I'm tired.
2. I'm busy working on a new writing project that has my study looking like a serial killer's lair.
3. I hate most of the photos I've taken with a passion and want to re-do stuff before I post.
4. I've been working on the next chapter of "Phalanges", which is now finished and sitting in the Serial Killer's Lair waiting to be proof-read, then torn into itty bitty pieces and spat on.
5. Have I done "tired" yet? I always seem to be lately.

So anyway - would you like to see my new babies?

Kaz hooked me up with my first ever Nubars! And a belated bday pressie of some Versaces and a spatula (in-joke, there)!


L to R - Peacock Feathers, Earth, Reclaim, Burgundy Glitter, Indigo Illusion, Lemon Sorbet, Teal Gltter, Iris Dust. Versace - v2045, v2077

With Nubar being a very "green" formaldehyde free brand, I should have been on these suckers like a fly on poop yonks ago. Unfortunately Nubar aren't sold here in Oz and email to the nearest Nubar rep went unanswered. I later found out from other bloggers that's pretty much par for the course if you're not in one of their areas. Yay. All I wanted was a simple yes or no answer - geez...

I considered persisting with making contact, but I am so goddamn freaking tired of having to chase companies to give them my money I just said "Fine then, be like that!" and gave up. Then Kaz came to the rescue and now - babies!

I've already tried one of the Versaces (to DIE for!!) and I'm wearing Lemon Sorbet right now, which is the perfect shade of yellow for me I'm proud to report :) Thanks Kaz - thy recipient of Awesome bows down to you, your humble sock-puppet forevermore :D

In other news - I'm going to Phillip Island to commune with the penguins for the weekend and getting back Monday. So depending on how I travel there may or may not be a MWCILTRMND Monday next week. I might have the "Phalanges" chapter posted by then, so you'll have something to amuse or revolt you in the meantime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment