Thursday, February 4, 2010

Revlon Get Crimson/Blackberry


Well lookee here - I have some drugstore brands!
I know us polish afficionados tend to turn our noses up at these, and yes they can be a bit bland and boring - but sometimes they're worth a second glance.

Director David over at Fashion Addict sent me some Revlons and Max Factors to try, and having used the Revlons, I'm pleasantly surprised.

The first one is "Limited Edition" Get Crimson. No idea what collection or year it's from...


Yes, my index fingernail is a nubbin again. I give up. It just peels and peels and peels like a bitch. It seems mean to make the other nails nubbins when they've done nothing wrong, so I'm leaving them as is. Hopefully the index will give into peer pressure and decide to behave soon. Maybe I should get the others to "unfriend" her on Nailbook till she caves...

So as you can see, this is a rich, blue toned red (more blue-toned in fluoro light).
Two coats and a layer of Poshe. Easy application and I wore it to work today and it survived with nary a chip.

Is it the most original colour in the world? No. But it's a very nice rich, quality red.

You know, if Revlon could take this formula and just be more adventurous with their colour collections, they could rake it in from people like us. But I guess we're not their demographic, so whatevs!

The second Revlon I have is Blackberry - which seems like a strange name for a red! Maybe they're referring to the unripened ones? Is there some rare Patagonian Blackberry I don't know about that's red instead of purple?
If they were going to name this after a fruit, I would've gone for "Blood Orange". For it is indeed a rich orangy-red -



Again, this is two coats and a layer of Poshe. Application was easy, and it survived my work with no probs...


See? My left hand (or Cindy as I call her - cos she's my usual "model hand" and she has a mole like Cindy Crawford) has no probs growing it's index nail! So freaking annoying.




It looks a little less orange in fluoro light, but still nice...


I have to say I like Get Crimson better - I prefer blue-toned darker reds. But both are nice. I probably wouldn't have bought them for myself, but now I've tried them I'm going to take a closer look at the Revlon rack next time I'm at the pharmacy :)

So if you're looking for these, Revlons cost about $13-$15 here in Australia (I think - it's been awhile since I've bought any) and are found in just about every chemist, pharmacy and department store, or Fashion Addict has them for $4.95 plus postage.

I've got some lovely winter chocolate Revlons coming up later as well so stay tuned.

I'll be posting my weekend funnies later tonight as well. See - I'm slowly getting back to my normal bloggy self :)

No comments:

Post a Comment